Places To Go
Collected by Kim Parreno
5905 Carpinteria Ave, Carpinteria, CA 93013, USA
A beautiful hike in Carpinteria. Gorgeous views and a seal sanctuary between December and May. The dirt parking area in Carpinteria Bluffs Nature Preserve is located at the south end of Bailard Avenue in Carpinteria (right next to the 101...
19025 Porto Venere, SP, Italy
If you are exploring the Ligurian Coast, to include Cinque Terre, keep going south and spend some time in Porto Venere. Yachts and fishing boats dot their harbor. There are plenty of historic sights to include the fortress and ancient cliff top...
16032 Camogli GE, Italy
When people think of the Ligurian Coast, Portofino and Cinque Terre come to mind. But go north and explore the little town of Camogli. You won't be sorry. We were staying in Rapallo and we got there on a short train ride followed by a bus ride and...
9680 Vila Franca do Campo, Portugal
Snorkeling at Ilhéu de Vila Franca is a unique experience: you are diving on your own private island. The water is quite warm for snorkeling, with variety of fish to see such as jelly fish, sea cucumber, etc. A crater that is just off the...
Those that have stood within 5km of a Titan/Delta rocket launch -- you know the Air Force makes ground shake, rattle & the air hum. Though 1500 (or more) yrs before that, Shaman from the Chumash -- sourcing & consuming Solanaceae (nightshade) were...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Italy Is Getting Its First Starbucks and Italians Are Conflicted
- 4 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 5 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free