Places to Backpack To
Collected by Christian Verigin
141 Fourth Street Campbelleville, Georgetown Guyana, South America, Guyana
Whether you're interested in one day or two weeks, Wilderness Explorers makes getting around Guyana easy. Offering a number of hand-crafted itineraries to fit all budgets and adventure/fitness levels, they offer everything from a day trip to...
RT 8, Morondava 619, Madagascar
Baobab trees, which grow up to 100 feet tall and 30 feet wide, carry a prehistoric grandeur worthy of their title as Madagascar’s national tree. Of the six ancient baobab species native to the African island, only the largest, the Adansonia...
Baranof Island, Sitka, AK 99835, USA
Baranof Island is a land of enchantment. Home of the Tlingit Native people, it is the smallest of the ABC Islands in Alaska, just over 1,600 square miles in size. According to locals, there is a grizzly bear on Baranof Island for every one of...
Milford Track, Fiordland National Park 9679, New Zealand
Steve from Trips and Tramps makes a great tour guide through the Milford Track. The guided half-day hike, an easy seven miles on a well-groomed trail, was just a tease—given the time, the full four-day, 33-mile track would be well worth it. We...
Inverie, Mallaig PH41 4PL, UK
You’ll explore the Knoydart Peninsula’s mountain passes and Small Isles on this 42-mile, eight- day guided hike, which includes sampling some of Scotland’s finest cuisine at a boat-in lodge. From $1,796. This appeared in the March/April issue 2014...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum