Places I've lived: Syracuse, NY
Collected by Dwiveck Custodio, AFAR Local Expert
727 S Crouse Ave #8, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
One of the epicenters of college life in Syracuse is Marshall Street, with all its shops, restaurants, cafes, and—of course—bars. Funk ‘n’ Waffles is hidden away in an alley behind Marshall Street and down a dark staircase. But it doesn’t matter,...
3709 E James St, Syracuse, NY 13206, USA
The size of the red shack-like diner known as Mother's Cupboard contrasts starkly with the four-pound frittata I shared with my boyfriend. There was, as usual, a wait at this Central New York establishment, and I pondered the possibilities of...
7900 Green Lakes Rd, Fayetteville, NY 13066, USA
Spend an entire day at Green Lakes, with its crystalline water and abundance of trees. Biking and walking down the nature trails, hiking, fishing, and purchase some food to enjoy on a blanket or at a picnic table are only some of the options the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village