Places I've lived: Syracuse, NY
Collected by Dwiveck Custodio, AFAR Local Expert
727 S Crouse Ave #8, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
One of the epicenters of college life in Syracuse is Marshall Street, with all its shops, restaurants, cafes, and—of course—bars. Funk ‘n’ Waffles is hidden away in an alley behind Marshall Street and down a dark staircase. But it doesn’t matter,...
3709 James St, Syracuse, NY 13206, USA
The size of the red shack-like diner known as Mother's Cupboard contrasts starkly with the four-pound frittata I shared with my boyfriend. There was, as usual, a wait at this Central New York establishment, and I pondered the possibilities of...
Chittenango Falls State Park, Cazenovia, NY 13035, USA
In the small town of Chittenango, unexplored natural treasures abound. Among them, the Chittenango Falls. There's no swimming hole, but they're quite the majestic site. They're most beautiful at sunset.
7900 Green Lakes Rd, Fayetteville, NY 13066, USA
Spend an entire day at Green Lakes, with its crystalline water and abundance of trees. Biking and walking down the nature trails, hiking, fishing, and purchase some food to enjoy on a blanket or at a picnic table are only some of the options the...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Air TravelMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania