Places I've been: Costa Rica
Collected by Dwiveck Custodio, AFAR Local Expert
Cartago Province, Paraíso, Costa Rica
The block-long Mercado Central has been serving tens of thousands of people every day. The stalls offer spices, fresh produce and meats, candies, and colorful handcrafted items like jewelry and purses. For lunch, you can seat at a barstool at a...
"Salvemos la tierra!" says this mural in Costa Rica, challenging us to be more protective of the world we live in. One painting captures a crying Earth; another, a couple sailing happily. These contrasting images tell a story of why we need to...
Avenida 2, calle1, San José, Costa Rica
The 1987 Teatro Nacional (National Theater) of Costa Rica stands glowing on a summer night, lending the Plaza de la Cultura (the town square) an aura of majesty. The sides of its neoclassical facade are adorned by statues of dramatist Calderon de...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now