Collected by Keph Senett, AFAR Local Expert
Kata Beach, Karon, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket 83100, Thailand
This international yachting competition has been an annual race since 1987. One of the most anticipated sporting events in the region, the King's Cup attracts boaters and spectators, and turns Kata Beach into a week-long nautical party. In 2015,...
Phuket, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket 83000, Thailand
The Loi Krathong festival takes place on the evening of the full moon of the twelfth lunar month, at which time you will see candles alight in baskets floating on various bodies of water. People create their basket out of wood or plants, decorate...
Ferry, Tambon Ratsada, Amphoe Mueang Phuket, Chang Wat Phuket 83000, Thailand
The Phuket Ferry offers short-haul excursions to the nearby islands. Phi Phi is only one hour away, or you can branch out as far as Langkawi, which is nine hours by boat. There are discounts offered on round-trip tickets.
39/4 Thepatan Road Rassada, Muang Phuket Thailand, Thailand, อำเภอเมืองภูเก็ต ภูเก็ต 83000, Thailand
This cooking school is Thai-owned, and offers a different class for each day of the week. You will go to a Thai market to pick out ingredients, be instructed on how to prepare them, and then have a meal. The school also offers free transportation...
62 Yaovaroj 1 Rd., Phuket VILLA1 ,Phuket 83000, ตำบล ตลาดเหนือ อำเภอเมืองภูเก็ต ภูเก็ต 83000, Thailand
This farm has an on-site restaurant serving international and Chinese food, and—of course—abalone. These slow-growing mollusks are bred in tanks, and served fresh in the restaurant.
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States