Collected by erika hermanns
Si Sunthon, Thalang District, Phuket 83110, Thailand
We didn't have long on Phuket, but a week gave us insight into the universal friendliness, tolerance and excellent food characteristic of the Thai people. Plus, wild monkeys. (You can read the whole list on my blog - sorry, there wasn't enough...
Ko Phi Phi Don, Ao Nang, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi, Thailand
This is where they shot the movie "The Beach." Gorgeous white sand beach and turquoise water, exactly as advertised. I read "The Beach" while I traveled around Thailand, which I would recommend to anyone who likes travel narratives and dreams of...
Yaowarat Rd, Amphoe Mueang Phuket, Chang Wat Phuket 83000, Thailand
This shop is tiny, but make no mistake, you’ll find some of Thailand’s best silk fabric here. Most of the silks, cotton textiles, and sarongs at Ban Boran are made by hand, and they offer ready-to-wear clothing and bags, too. The co-owner, Wandee...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall