Collected by RJT
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Having survived a bone-rattling bus ride into Phnom Penh, I was in dire need of food. After a little recon at the hotel, I managed to find the oh-so-eclectic establishment named Riverside Bistro. This is a total misnomer. It's not really a bistro,...
39 street 240, រាជធានីភ្នំពេញ 12207, Cambodia
Located near the Royal Palace, Street 240 offers some of the city’s best shopping. 1. ARTILLERY A cafe, gallery, and shop, Artillery sells clothing, textiles, and accessories from independent labels such as Push Pull Cambodia, above. The modern...
Central Market, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
The Sorya shopping mall next to Central Market (Phsar Thmei) has one of Phnom Penh's best views, at least until the many skyscrapers currently underway are completed. Take the elevator (or escalator, but be warned that patience if required) all...
N° 402, Village Trea, Sangkat Stueng Mean Chey, Phnom Penh 12352, Cambodia
Not far outside of Phnom Penh is the Stung Meanchey Landfill. There is a large community of people living in and off this landfill...sifting through the rubbish in order to find food, shelter and things to recycle for money. I visited this...
61 St 111, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
A room at S-21 where prisoners were systematically tortured for weeks on end by Khmer Rouge soldiers in order to ferret out false confessions that the victims had committed acts of treason against Pol Pot and the regime. When I look at these...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now