Philippine Island Getaway
Collected by Grace Lingad
Access Lane To Caalan Beach, El Nido, 5313 Palawan, Philippines
One of the top spots to watch the sun set behind the islands that make up the Bacuit Archipelago, Cadlao Resort is also one of El Nido's most enticing resorts. Most of the 25 rooms offer views of El Nido Bay or the South China Sea--but, for...
El Nido, Palawan, Philippines
I’ve always wondered what it would be like to explore far-flung islands and experience life as a castaway or something like it. My fantasies became reality when I discovered Tao, an organization in the Philippines offering adventures to the...
Kalinga, Isabela, Philippines
Whang Od is said to be the last living (traditional) tattoo artist of her generation. She comes from the Botbot Tribe, one of the many sub-tribes in the Kalinga Province in the Philippines. Her father passed on the craft to her when she was a...
Batad Rice Terraces, Banaue, Ifugao, Philippines
Still in use today, the Ifugao Rice Terraces were carved into the hillsides of Ifugao Province by hand some 2,000 years ago, and are fed by an elaborate irrigation system that captures water from the forests above. While many people explore this...
Vigan City, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
Vigan City is one of the last few hispanic towns left in the Philippines and has been named a world heritage site by Unesco. Walking along this tiny cobbled street aptly named Heritage Row, you would find yourself nostalgic at a time that was. The...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter