Collected by Ginny Sciabbarrasi
Calle Roca Fuerte 245, Urubamba, Peru
Let the Urubamba River set your course during a thrilling rafting adventure along the Ollantaytambo rapids, available through the Belmond. The river helped form what is now the Sacred Valley, and along the way you'll not only sense its power, but...
Cusco 08000, Peru
San Blas is the bohemian district of Cusco City. This picturesque and atmospheric corner of the city is a short but steep walk from the main square. This is where you can find artists' studios and artisans' workshops. Look out for Mérida and...
Cascaparo, Cusco 08000, Peru
During our first day in Cusco, we were wandering somewhat aimlessly when we ran into the Mercado Central de San Pedro. Not entirely sure what to expect, we walked in to explore and were instantly overjoyed. The market, a huge tented space, is home...
Av El Sol 395, Cusco 08000, Peru
La Catedral is actually three churches in one, each of which are exquisite. It is decorated in the Baroque style, with more gilt and gold trimming than you can imagine. In order to convert the Incan people to Catholicism, the Spanish used symbols...
Learn about Inca terraces and grain storage, find the profile of Inca god Viracocha carved into mountain stone, and take in the view of the charming town of Ollantaytambo (if you're lucky, you'll catch a rainbow!). Beautiful, interesting, and a...
- 1Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World