Collected by Joan Wharton, AFAR Local Expert
Puerto Maldonado, Peru
During a 2011 visit to Peru, my husband and I spent a few days in the Peruvian Amazon. Starting in Puerto Maldonado, we boated for about an hour down the Madre de Dios River to the beautiful Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica. While at the lodge, we took...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map