Collected by Joan Wharton, AFAR Local Expert
Puerto Maldonado, Peru
During a 2011 visit to Peru, my husband and I spent a few days in the Peruvian Amazon. Starting in Puerto Maldonado, we boated for about an hour down the Madre de Dios River to the beautiful Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica. While at the lodge, we took...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter