Collected by Joan Wharton , AFAR Local Expert
Machu Pichu, 08680, Peru
This month marks the hundred-year-anniversary of the "re-discovery" of this Inca citadel by Hiram Bingham. Machu Picchu deserves its clichés--'place of a lifetime,' 'bucket-list destination'...'mystical'...'amazing'... Sometimes, it's okay...
Puerto Maldonado, Peru
During a 2011 visit to Peru, my husband and I spent a few days in the Peruvian Amazon. Starting in Puerto Maldonado, we boated for about an hour down the Madre de Dios River to the beautiful Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica. While at the lodge, we took...
- 1 Tips + News CDC Issues New Advice for International Travelers: Get 2 COVID Tests
- 2 Tips + News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 3 Tech + Gear The Ultimate Guide to Cyber Monday Travel Deals in 2020
- 4 Tips + News The World’s First Energy-Positive Hotel Is Coming to Arctic Norway
- 5 Hotels 10 Airbnb Alternatives for Every Kind of Vacation Home Seeker