Collected by Karin
Av. Petit Thouars 5245, Lima 15074, Peru
A must-stop on the traditional handicraft circuit, this massive market—stretching four city blocks in Miraflores!—is home to stall after stall of kitschy bric-a-brac, pre-Columbian–style pottery, alpaca everything and an endless...
Av Hipólito Unanue 203, Miraflores 15074, Peru
Cevicherias are classic Peruvian restaurants. That’s where the locals go to have lunch, drink, meet their friends and meet new people too. El Mercado, by famous chef Rafael Osterling, is one of the best cevicherias in town. With its old market...
Calle Los Eucaliptos 590, San Isidro 15076, Peru
Settle into the clubby atmosphere of wood and leather and sip a perfectly balanced pisco sour—but insist that it be hand-shaken, not made in a blender. Country Club Hotel, Los Eucaliptos 590, San Isidro, 51/(0) 1611-9000. This appeared in the...
Calle 26A, Bellavista 07011, Peru
For those of us used to seeing chicken cut into parts, wrapped in plastic, and cooling in supermarket refrigerators, a trip to a local Peruvian market is fascinating and a bit daunting. At the biggest market, San Pedro, just up the...
Jirón Carabaya 100, Cercado de Lima 15001, Peru
In a rush to make it to the Monastery of San Francisco in historic downtown Lima, I almost missed this place. The bar is located on a corner, behind wood and glass doors. "Hemingway" was my first thought as I passed in a rush—I knew I had to come...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now