Collected by Karin
Av. Petit Thouars 5245, Lima 15074, Peru
A must-stop on the traditional handicraft circuit, this massive market—stretching four city blocks in Miraflores!—is home to stall after stall of kitschy bric-a-brac, pre-Columbian–style pottery, alpaca everything and an endless...
Av Hipólito Unanue 203, Miraflores 15074, Peru
Cevicherias are classic Peruvian restaurants. That’s where the locals go to have lunch, drink, meet their friends and meet new people too. El Mercado, by famous chef Rafael Osterling, is one of the best cevicherias in town. With its old market...
Calle Los Eucaliptos 590, San Isidro Lima 27, Peru
Settle into the clubby atmosphere of wood and leather and sip a perfectly balanced pisco sour—but insist that it be hand-shaken, not made in a blender. Country Club Hotel, Los Eucaliptos 590, San Isidro, 51/(0) 1611-9000. This appeared in the...
Calle 26A, Bellavista 07011, Peru
For those of us used to seeing chicken cut into parts, wrapped in plastic, and cooling in supermarket refrigerators, a trip to a local Peruvian market is fascinating and a bit daunting. At the biggest market, San Pedro, just up the...
Jr, Jirón Carabaya 100, Cercado de Lima 15001, Peru
In a rush to make it to the Monastery of San Francisco in historic downtown Lima, I almost missed this place. The bar is located on a corner, behind wood and glass doors. "Hemingway" was my first thought as I passed in a rush—I knew I had to come...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States