Collected by AFAR Explorer
Madre de Dios, Peru
Meandering rivers, cloud forest, and lowland jungle make up the diverse biological wonder of Manú National Park, which spans about 4.2 million acres across southeastern Peru. Every corner teems with wildlife, including jaguars, giant otters, and...
In the desert of the Ica region, near the Pacific Ocean and about 280 miles south of Lima, await intriguing ancient geoglyphs. The shapes preserve the form of animals, plants, or geometric patterns and are etched into a 290-square-mile area. The...
Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Ever since its founding by the Spanish in 1535, and during the Viceroyalty of Peru, Lima has been a political and cultural center of the New World. The proof is in the historic center, where centuries-old churches, convents, and magnificent homes...
- 1Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World