Collected by Graham Aid
Antigua Panamericana Sur 31.5, Lurín, Peru
The hills and coast around Lima can seem almost lunar--the climate is arid, despite the 'garúa,' the low-lying but rain-less clouds that hang around this part of Perú for about half the year. But the desert is archaeologically rich. Lima itself is...
At the Brujo archaeological complex roughly 40 miles from Trujillo, the remains of a Mochica high priestess, the Governess of Cao, were discovered in 2005. At the Cao Museum, travelers can view La Señora de Cao’s mummified body, featuring spider...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys