Collected by Taylor Chatfield Martin
Jr. Unión 146, Lima 15063, Peru
Everyone in Lima knows Canta Rana—some consider it the best cevicheria in the city. The owners’ son has a spot in the main market called Canta Ranita where the ceviche is just as good, and even though it’s a stall, the place has...
I didn't want to miss the chance to take one of the world's greatest train journeys, named after Hiram Bingham, who rediscovered Machu Picchu in 1911. There are other ways to arrive but the sense of joy and camaraderie on board just adds to the...
Calle PV. # 12 Tibilo Villa, Lagunas 16551, Peru
Piranha fishing...pink dolphin sightings...holding a caimen...beautiful day explorations by skiff and canoe along the Ucayali River and in the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve. Add to jaw-dropping explorations, the 5-star comfort of the Aqua Amazon...
Islas Flotantes Los Uros - Tupirmarka, Puno, Peru
We enjoyed the tranquility and incredible views from the Tupirmarka Lodge in Lake Titcaca's Uros Islands. Many people come for an hour or two, but there is nothing like staying for a few nights with the local hosts.
Av. Petit Thouars 5245, Lima 15074, Peru
When I decided to go to Peru, I knew there would be plenty of handicrafts to capture my attention. I even packed a collapsible tote bag to lug my purchases back home. In Lima, I stayed at a hotel in Miraflores. On my first venture out into the...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign