Collected by Wiliam hemsley
Portal de Panes 115, Cusco 08000, Peru
I was told to always drink/chew coca leaves to help with altitude and to go easy on the alcohol. The Inka Grill on portal de panes has found the best of both worlds. Coca sour. Pisco infused with coca leaves. I get my pisco and the coca helps with...
Bajada de Baños 342, Barranco 15063, Peru
This square is surrounded by old Spanish buildings. Artisans’ fairs take place here, and weekend food stalls pop up. I like to buy picarones con miel, a dessert made of fried dough, usually containing sweet potato or squash,...
Aguas Calientes, Peru
After a long day of exploring Machu Picchu, there is nothing better than a good meal and some drinks. If you happen upon Pueblo Viejo in downtown Aguas Calientes, this is the place to sit back and rehash your trip to the top of MP. With a warm and...
PLAZA MAYOR, CENTRO DE, Cusco 08000, Peru
Five minutes after settling into my hostel in Cusco and meeting up with an international contingent of newly found friends from the prior week in Lima, we made our way toward the Plaza de Armas, center of the gone but not forgotten Inca Empire. As...
Triunfo 124, Cusco 08000, Peru
As much as I love Peru, Peruvian food, and Cusqueña beer, sometimes, after one has been in Peru for an extended period, it's time for something different. Bring on Paddys Irish Pub, which claims to be the "highest 100% Irish-owned pub on the...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 3Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania