Collected by AFAR Explorer
Aguas Calientes, Peru
Machu Picchu is located just fifty miles from Cusco. However, there is no direct road between the two cities. Unless you're walking the Inca Trail, you'll need to take a train from Cusco. The main operators are Peru Rail and Inka Rail, each of...
374, Procuradores, Cusco, Peru
Pizza is popular around the world, and it is by no means indigenous to the Andes. However, the pizza in Cusco is a must-eat for both locals and visitors. Many Peruvian pizza-mongers substitute Andean salty cheese for the traditional mozzarella,...
Jirón Victor E. Chave, Puno, Peru
Located on the border between Perú and Bolivia, this is the highest lake in the world and a mystical, fascinating place. Legend has it that Manco Capac and Mama Ocllo, the sons of Inti the sun god, emerged from the waters of Lake Titicaca to found...
- 1How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3Sweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Yosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years