Collected by AFAR Explorer
Aguas Calientes, Peru
Machu Picchu is located just fifty miles from Cusco. However, there is no direct road between the two cities. Unless you're walking the Inca Trail, you'll need to take a train from Cusco. The main operators are Peru Rail and Inka Rail, each of...
374, Procuradores, Cusco, Peru
Pizza is popular around the world, and it is by no means indigenous to the Andes. However, the pizza in Cusco is a must-eat for both locals and visitors. Many Peruvian pizza-mongers substitute Andean salty cheese for the traditional mozzarella,...
Arriving at the gate at 6:30am, I was extremley excited to see and explore this amazing place. I have been planning this trip for over ten years and the moment was finally here! After entering, the entire mountain range and ruins were covered in a...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now