Collected by Sarah Hackenberg
Calle Roca Fuerte 245, Urubamba, Peru
Let the Urubamba River set your course during a thrilling rafting adventure along the Ollantaytambo rapids, available through the Belmond. The river helped form what is now the Sacred Valley, and along the way you'll not only sense its power, but...
Arriving at the gate at 6:30am, I was extremley excited to see and explore this amazing place. I have been planning this trip for over ten years and the moment was finally here! After entering, the entire mountain range and ruins were covered in a...
If you are into ecotourism and yearning for an almost untouched landscape, Reserve Paisajistica Nor Yauyos-Cochas is the place to go. Even though it is located within the Lima region, it is actually located around 3,000 meters above sea level. The...
Manú Province, Peru
An easy 25-minute flight from Cuzco and you can be in the river town of Puerto Maldonado, the start of a truly unforgettable experience in the Peruvian Amazon. A stay at the amazing Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica ecolodge was my first jungle...
Calle Padre Lucero # 1345 Villa Lagunas Loreto, 16551, Peru
I have been in the Peruvian Amazon various times, but this past May was the first time I encountered a sloth in the wild. Visible at plain sight and through binoculars, these furry slow-mo creatures spend their day catching the Amazonian sun,...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys