Collected by Shelly Weir-Martinez
Chinchero District, Peru
Every color is represented in hand-dyed alpaca wool yarn, which hang in a rainbow from the stucco wall. Four to five women demonstrate yarn washing, dying, and knitting techniques passed down generation to generation, mostly orally. At these...
Calle 2 de Mayo, Villa María del Triunfo, Peru
Casa Tupac is a center for artists. It offers residencies and provides studio space to people working in all different media. Every few weeks they host a screening or a party that’s open to the public. Two Peruvian visual artists...
Faro District, Portugal
Few people think of Portugal as a surf destination, but the tiny country has miles of coast for surfers to explore. I visited the Algarve, Portugal's southern most region, and based myself at Aldeia da Pedralva. The owner, António Ferreira, has a...
29400 Ronda, Málaga, Spain
The town of Ronda is small but beautiful. It is set on top of a ravine giving it beautiful views of the nearby country side, and a very unique bridge connecting the town across this rocky divide.While Ronda's fame may have been connected to...
- 1Where to Go in SummerThe Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Summer
- 2Air TravelDelta Just Made Its Economy Seats Bigger
- 3News and OpeningsAmsterdam’s Tiny Bridge Houses Are Now One-of-a-Kind Hotel Suites
- 4Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 5Travel NewsYou Could Be Denied a Passport if You Have Unpaid Taxes