Collected by Elle Tee
Calle Roca Fuerte 245, Urubamba, Peru
The Sacred Valley of the Incas, also known as the Urubamba River Valley, was once the heart of the Incan Empire, and it is still inhabited by Quechua-speaking people to this day. Since Pre-Columbian times, the valley has been an important hub for...
Jirón Victor E. Chave, Puno, Peru
Located on the border between Perú and Bolivia, this is the highest lake in the world and a mystical, fascinating place. Legend has it that Manco Capac and Mama Ocllo, the sons of Inti the sun god, emerged from the waters of Lake Titicaca to found...
If you are into ecotourism and yearning for an almost untouched landscape, Reserve Paisajistica Nor Yauyos-Cochas is the place to go. Even though it is located within the Lima region, it is actually located around 3,000 meters above sea level. The...
Kuelap, Bagua Grande, Peru
Kuelap is an ancient fortress in the clouds: a pre-Incan citadel hewn from a cliffside, wreathed with mist, and surrounded by thick, hilly jungle. Unlike the geometric designs of Incan architecture, the walls of this Chachapoyan city depict animal...
- 1How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3Sweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Yosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years