Collected by Ashly Luke
Sta Catalina Angosta 149, Cusco 08000, Peru
The Cusco School Of Art is a series of religious paintings. The Spaniards taught the Inca artists how to paint their icons in the style of Flemish and Gothic masters. There are no names on the paintings and though the subject is Christianity, the...
I have been in the Peruvian Amazon various times, but this past May was the first time I encountered a sloth in the wild. Visible at plain sight and through binoculars, these furry slow-mo creatures spend their day catching the Amazonian sun,...
Plaza de Armas, Arequipa, Peru
Arequipa, Peru, is known as the white city because of the use of cillar, a volcanic mineral, on most of the city's downtown buildings and can be seen just fine at eye level. However, if you decide to climb about five flights of stairs to to the...
Islas Ballestas, Peru
We took a tour boat about 1 hour off shore and toured around the Islands for approximately 1 hour. There were over 1.4 million birds including these penguins on these islands. Every 7 years the Peruvians harvest the guano, which is one of the...
- 1How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3Sweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Yosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years