Collected by Kimberley Lovato, AFAR Local Expert
82220 Molières, France
While writing my book, Walnut Wine & Truffle Groves, I got lost (daily occurrence in rural France) and ended up in Molières, an unfinished pocket-sized, bastide town in the Dordogne region of France, said to be haunted by the ghost of Queen Blanca...
7 Rue Drevet, 75018 Paris, France
Within the 18th arrondissement in Paris France, high atop the city, resides the wonderfully beautiful, hilly neighborhood of Montmartre. This diverse and eclectic section of the city can be a bit busy with tourists, but the views of Paris and the...
110 Century Dr W, East Coulee, AB T0J 1B0, Canada
This guided climb took me eight stories high and along a 210-foot underground conveyor, inside Canada's last-standing wooden coal mine. What goes up, must come down, and the only way is via a series of rickety stairs cut into the mountainside, and...
The Caribbean is a destination for all types of travelers—scuba divers, sailors, sunbathers—but when you want a dash of European party to season your vacation, head to St. Barth's, often called the St. Tropez of the Caribbean. Around St. Barth's...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now