Eat your way through Penang’s canon of street food in one go at this hawker food court, which sets up every afternoon in George Town. Pull up a plastic stool and join the locals for Malaysian favorites like char kway teow (stir-fried rice...
This 19th-century temple is an important pilgrimage site for Buddhists across Southeast Asia. Visitors begin at the seven-tier, 30-meter-tall (98-foot-tall) Ban Po Thar, a tower designed in Burmese, Chinese and Thai styles. Throughout...
The view of Penang Island from 735 meters (2,411 feet) up is fantastic, and the funicular makes getting to the summit of Penang Hill (also known as Bukit Bendera) a breeze. Walk one of the forest paths, visiting the wonderfully ornate Hindu...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys