Eat your way through Penang’s canon of street food in one go at this hawker food court, which sets up every afternoon in George Town. Pull up a plastic stool and join the locals for Malaysian favorites like char kway teow (stir-fried rice...
This 19th-century temple is an important pilgrimage site for Buddhists across Southeast Asia. Visitors begin at the seven-tier, 30-meter-tall (98-foot-tall) Ban Po Thar, a tower designed in Burmese, Chinese and Thai styles. Throughout...
The view of Penang Island from 735 meters (2,411 feet) up is fantastic, and the funicular makes getting to the summit of Penang Hill (also known as Bukit Bendera) a breeze. Walk one of the forest paths, visiting the wonderfully ornate Hindu...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind