Eat your way through Penang’s canon of street food in one go at this hawker food court, which sets up every afternoon in George Town. Pull up a plastic stool and join the locals for Malaysian favorites like char kway teow (stir-fried rice...
This 19th-century temple is an important pilgrimage site for Buddhists across Southeast Asia. Visitors begin at the seven-tier, 30-meter-tall (98-foot-tall) Ban Po Thar, a tower designed in Burmese, Chinese and Thai styles. Throughout...
The view of Penang Island from 735 meters (2,411 feet) up is fantastic, and the funicular makes getting to the summit of Penang Hill (also known as Bukit Bendera) a breeze. Walk one of the forest paths, visiting the wonderfully ornate Hindu...
- 1How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2The Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 3Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Yosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years