Collected by Kim Loughran
Pangkor Island, Perak, Malaysia
My charged childhood memories of summer days spent fishing, swimming and exploring the backcountry of central Ontario are a far cry from the wild tropical jungles and lavish sandscapes of Malaysia’s island paradises, places where angel fish tango...
Ground Floor, 14, Leith Street, George Town, 10200 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
by Joe Rosli Sidek Built by a wealthy Mandarin, this is an opulent Chinese house but with a Gaudí thing going on—it’s got a Scottish wrought iron balustrade and art nouveau stained-glass windows. You can take tours or stay in the small...
38, Lebuh Armenian, George Town, 10200 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
by Joe Rosli Sidek This café has a strange name, but it’s a beautiful little space. It’s run by a Swiss man, Urs Capol, and his wife, Teresa. Upstairs, Teresa has this amazing little museum with Indian and Baba-Nyonya collectibles. (Baba-Nyonya is...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local