Collected by Kareem Yasin , AFAR Contributor
Penang Island, Penang, Malaysia
Penang Island is incredible. When your not stuffing your face full of Penang cuisine make time for a visit to the island's national park. Several miles worth of trails that zig-zag through the jungle and beach make this place perfect for a day...
Padang Tengku, Pahang, Malaysia
by Joe Rosli Sidek Little India is very much a place for the senses: You see the beautiful saris and fabrics in the shops, you hear the Bollywood songs, and you smell the clove and nutmeg. Centered on Lebuh Pasar between Lebuh Penang and Lebuh...
Pangkor Island, Perak, Malaysia
My charged childhood memories of summer days spent fishing, swimming and exploring the backcountry of central Ontario are a far cry from the wild tropical jungles and lavish sandscapes of Malaysia’s island paradises, places where angel fish tango...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May