Sponsored by Absolutely Alps
The soaring mountains of the Alps are the region’s most famous sights. Here are six places in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland that should be on your must-see list when you are ready for some high-altitude adventures.
Gaislachkogel, 6450, Austria
Austria's Ötztal region, at the westernmost end of the country and near the Italian border, offers a true Alps experience. There are more than 300 peaks here with altitudes of at least 3,000 meters (9,843 feet). The area is also remarkable...
82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
Hohe Tauern, 5730 Mittersill, Austria
At 12,461 feet, Grossglockner is Austria's tallest peak, but it's only one of 226 peaks with a height over 9,800 feet in Hohe Tauern National Park, the country's largest, covering some 695 square miles. It's a landscape of rugged mountains and...
83471 Berchtesgaden, Germany
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village