Collected by Murilo Parzianello
Sector San José, Castro, Región de los Lagos, Chile
The first luxury lodge to come to Chile’s second biggest island, Tierra Chiloé opened in 2012 and became a member of the Tierra hotel group in 2014. Designed by Chilean architect Patricio Browne, the hotel looks like a boat on stilts...
Frutillar, Los Lagos Region, Chile
This little village fuels many a Chilean's vision of the south—Germanic towns nestled among sapphire-hued lakes—and is often synonymous with summer vacation. Frutillar, just north of Puerto Varas, seems to be straight from Bavaria with its...
Puerto Varas, Los Lagos Region, Chile
Puerto Montt is known as the gateway to Chile’s Lake District and Patagonia but many travelers prefer to explore, eat and shop in nearby Puerto Varas, on Lake Llanquihue, the second-largest lake in the country. You can see the peaks of...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights