Past homes and their secrets
Collected by AFAR Traveler
All the cities that I've called home, and their good parts
4001 Judah St, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
Outerlands is an Outer Sunset institution. The small restaurant near Ocean Beach serves local, organic cuisine in a rustic-chic setting. Covered floor-to-ceiling in warm, rough-hewn wood, the interior invites lingering over an artisan cocktail or...
Parque Nacional Volcán Poas, Provincia de Alajuela, Costa Rica
Costa Rica, like most of the rest of Central America, is volcanically endowed. Climbing up to the summit of one seems to be on everyone's list--who doesn't want to stare into a steaming crater? Do this easily near San José. The Volcán Poás...
Marienplatz 1, 80331 München, Germany
26 34 St - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Going to markets has an air of excitement in the Arab World, where the souks are still the place where locals and tourists can go to meet each other, trade, and shop around for all sorts of commodities. I was lucky enough to visit the gold and...
20-4-236, Motigalli, Khilwat, Hyderabad, Telangana 500002, India
I'm a sucker for sparkly lighting, and after I caught my breath, the Chowmahalla Palace took my chandelier envy to new heights. Completed in 1869 during the period of the Nizams, the complex is unique in its style and elegance. The Belgian crystal...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun