Past homes and their secrets
Collected by AFAR Traveler
All the cities that I've called home, and their good parts
4001 Judah St, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
Outerlands is an Outer Sunset institution. The small restaurant near Ocean Beach serves local, organic cuisine in a rustic-chic setting. Covered floor-to-ceiling in warm, rough-hewn wood, the interior invites lingering over an artisan cocktail or...
Parque Nacional Volcán Poas, Provincia de Alajuela, Costa Rica
Costa Rica, like most of the rest of Central America, is volcanically endowed. Climbing up to the summit of one seems to be on everyone's list--who doesn't want to stare into a steaming crater? Do this easily near San José. The Volcán Poás...
Marienplatz 1, 80331 München, Germany
26 34 St - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Going to markets has an air of excitement in the Arab World, where the souks are still the place where locals and tourists can go to meet each other, trade, and shop around for all sorts of commodities. I was lucky enough to visit the gold and...
20-4-236, Motigalli, Khilwat, Hyderabad, Telangana 500002, India
I'm a sucker for sparkly lighting, and after I caught my breath, the Chowmahalla Palace took my chandelier envy to new heights. Completed in 1869 during the period of the Nizams, the complex is unique in its style and elegance. The Belgian crystal...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Italy Is Getting Its First Starbucks and Italians Are Conflicted
- 4 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 5 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free