Collected by Andi Fisher, AFAR Local Expert
Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris, France
This former royal palace is one of the largest museums in the world, and its art collection is considered one of the most comprehensive. It contains around 400,000 works, although—mercifully, perhaps—not all are on display at any one...
Quai Saint Michel, 75005 Paris, France
Just get lost. There's no better way to experience all that is Paris. Wear comfortable walking shoes (the only un-Parisian element of this intentionally-vague itinerary) and spend hours making your way in and out of the metro, up and down from...
75001 Paris, France
As a photographer and devoted Francophile, Paris continues to offer an endless stream of memorable images. I don't often pull out my rather large camera in the Mètro but will when presented with an image such as this. The billboard behind them...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022