Collected by Paris M. Swann
Paris M. Swann′s Wishlist
Kødbyen, 1711 København, Denmark
Tourist guides often suggest that people visit Kødbyen for the nightlife or restaurants. Yet they seldom encourage people to visit the area and to wander around it during the day. There are actually two parts to Kødbyen, or the "Meat Packing...
22 Reventlovsgade Ved Tivolis Hovedindgang 1577 1577 V., Bernstorffsgade 16, 1577 København, Denmark
When we're in a hurry we often forget to pause and look up. When you find yourself in Copenhagen's Central Station, make sure you take the time to do so. The roof is built in a design similar to that of the iron roofs seen all over Europe—only in...
Flæsketorvet 19, 1711 København, Denmark
What does the world's oldest amusement park look like? To find out, take a visit to Bakken just outside of Copenhagen. The park, which is situated on the edge of Dyrehaven dates back to 1583 and is open on a seasonal basis with modern rides...
Den Sorte Diamant, Søren Kierkegaards Plads 1, 1221 København K, Denmark
I’d like to believe that had my public library been as stunning as the Black Diamond in Copenhagen, I would have spent more time studying at the library and less time doing whatever one does when one is supposed to be doing their reading. But the...
Montevideo 1647, C1021AAA CABA, Argentina
When it opened in 2010 following an extensive three-year renovation, the Algodon, set in a 1912 French neoclassical townhouse surrounded by the posh Belle Epoque mansions of Buenos Aires’ Recoleta district, quickly became the...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December