Collected by Phyllis Grove
19 Avenue Kléber, 75116 Paris, France
It took master artisans four years to transform the faded Hotel Majestic, a belle époque landmark, into a 21st-century palace hotel. Le Peninsula Paris reopened in 2014 with just 200 rooms—created at an average cost of 2.75...
6 Place Paul Painlevé, 75005 Paris, France
The Cluny Museum, located in the 5th arrondissement, is one of my favorite museums in Paris. It was formerly the town house (hôtel) of the abbots of Cluny, started in 1334. The structure was rebuilt by Jacques d'Amboise, abbot of Cluny from...
Avenue Winston Churchill, 75008 Paris, France
Built for the 1900 Exhibition, the Petit Palais was designated a city museum two years later to celebrate Paris' decorative arts and sculptures. Later ancient art, classical art, photography and graphic arts were added to the collection. This...
8-10 Square du Dr Blanche, 75016 Paris, France
A visit to Auteuil offers a visually exhilarating tour of Modernist and Art Nouveau architecture starting with Maison La Roche by Le Corbusier and Pierre Jeanneret. Maison La Roche is the headquarters of the Fondation Le Corbusier and the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles