Collected by Larry Robinson
Saint-Germain-des-Prés, 75006 Paris, France
When I visited Paris this past May, I stayed at the Hotel Saint Germain (http://www.hotel-saint-germain.fr), a lovely boutique hotel in the Saint-Germain-des-Pres area of the city. It is a wonderful, safe neighbourhood, full of little restaurants,...
11 Rue Linné, 75005 Paris, France
We found a great little Vietnamese restaurant called Cocottes & Donabes at 11 rue Linne (near the Jardin des Plantes). The owner was as nice as could be and the restaurant was clearly a gathering place for locals. We spent more time talking with...
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Pl. Jean-Paul II, 75004 Paris, France
For a first-time visitor to Notre Dame, investing in the audio guide is essential to immerse in and understand this overwhelmingly significant Paris icon. There's a lot to see and absorb—history, architecture, artifacts,...
Port de Javel Haut, 75015 Paris, France
Ah, the Paris Plage. I love the dichotomy of sand volleyball and the Hotel de Ville. In addition there were paddle boats for the little kids, and the banks of the Seine are covered with sand, beach chairs, street performers, and food.
Père-Lachaise, 75020 Paris, France
17 Rue Sainte-Croix de la Bretonnerie, 75004 Paris, France
Serendipitous light on a September afternoon--a rainbow arcing over the Eiffel Tower and ending at the gold dome of L'Église des Invalides in central Paris. (Under that dome, emperor worship continues--Napoléon I lies buried in a...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys