Collected by Charlotte Taft
Sighisoara, Romania is a well preserved medieval city founded by the Transylvanian Saxons. The city is a UNESCO World Heritage site, famous for its citadel, clock tower and town square. While climbing the old clock tower, I was able to capture...
Atatürk Mh., Ephesus Archaeological Museum, Uğur Mumcu Sevgi Yolu, 35920 Selçuk/İzmir, Turkey
As if the ruins at Ephesus are not stunning enough, after you walk downhill through the ruins, you come upon one of the most impressive, preserved coliseums in the world! You definitely need to take 10 minutes and just sit in different parts of it...
Vişnezade Mahallesi, Dolmabahçe Cd., 34357 Beşiktaş/İstanbul, Turkey
This decadent palace, which overlooks the Bosphorus from the European side, holds great importance to Turkey. The late-19th-century sultans resided here and ruled the Ottoman Empire from here, and while the Turkish Republic's capital is in Ankara,...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked