Papua New Guinea
Collected by linda zoerb
Kaevaga, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Papua New Guinea's capital of Port Moresby is surrounded by squatter settlements and villages. Where land is scarce, villagers have found other ways to create accommodation, like these ingenious stilt houses that extend into the harbour. Hanuabada...
Mushu Island, Papua New Guinea
And played with the kiddos of the island. These are surfboards! Carved from ingenuity after an Australian visited them with his fiberglass board in the 80s. The ritual continues...if you are out there Mr Ausie, know you've changed this island's...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos