Panama Canal Balboa
Collected by John Oseid , AFAR Local Expert
For 3 million years North and South America were connected by the isthmus that is today Panama. The construction of the canal ruptured geography as well as the flow of traffic for anyone living in the Canal Zone. In 1962, the graceful, mile-long,...
Calz. de Amador 136, Panamá, Panama
Slowly but surely, the Frank Gehry-designed BioMuseo is evolving into its shape in Panama City. The opening's delay can be forgiven when you consider that the museum is dedicated to billions of years of evolution—not exactly a modest...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019