Collected by Julie Schwietert Collazo, AFAR Local Expert
0265, Goethals Blvd, Panama
Even travelers who consider themselves averse to cruises seem to feel drawn to a daytime cruise tour of the Panama Canal, and it's easy to understand why: it's a man-made engineering marvel, best seen close up. A full-day tour, which typically...
San Felipe, Panama City, Panama
Coffee, chocolate, and ceviche are just three specialties to be sampled on a food tour in Casco Viejo, one of Panama City's popular neighborhoods. On the Taste of Panama City Food Walking Tour, a guide offers some historical and cultural contexts...
Calle 1era, Colón, Panama
Sure, it's possible to try "Geisha," the world's most expensive coffee, in the United States, as it's imported by American roasters such as Intelligentsia. Those who have tried Geisha have remarked that the flavor is surprising; it's most like tea...
Calle 4ta, Panamá, Panama
When Panamanians go out for a glass of wine, they say they're going to have "una copa." One of their favorite places to have one in Panama City is at the wine bar, DiVino Enoteca. In addition to pouring copas, staff at DiVino hosts wine tasting...
Isla Taboga, Panama
If the hum and bustle of Panama City become wearying, it's possible to escape for a day by taking a trip to the island of Taboga, also called the Island of Flowers, thanks to its lush covering of tropical plants, such as bougainvillea and birds of...
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 2Travel NewsUber Is Trying to Fix Its Most Annoying Problem
- 3World Heritage5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites With Incredible Street Art
- 4Air TravelAmerican Airlines Is the First Major Airline to Ban Plastic Straws and Drink Stirrers
- 5Travel NewsHighway 1 Is Now Open Again on California’s Big Sur Coast