Collected by Pam O'Brien
Pam O'Brien′s Wishlist
1250 Bannock St, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Clyfford Still brought new energy to the art world after World War II with his large-scale, color-splashed paintings, and is considered one of the most important American artists of the 20th century. Though his influence on the Abstract...
Ke Sklárně 3213/15, 150 00 Praha 5-Smíchov, Czechia
Controversial Czech sculptor David Cerny founded this rough-and-tumble exhibition and performance space in 2001. In an abandoned factory just outside the center of town, artists of every stripe show films, stage concerts and plays, and produce...
Carrer Nou de la Rambla, 3-5, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Palau Güell is an early Gaudí masterpiece, designed for his longtime benefactor, Eusebi Güell. The mansion, one of Gaudí's first big projects, was recently restored and re-opened to the public. The centerpiece of the building is the amazing...
Sayles Hill Campus Center, North College Street, Northfield, MN 55057, USA
Last month I participated in an academic conference at Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota. The conference was in one of the buildings at the edge of campus, so I hadn't seen much of the campus as of Saturday evening. I knew I had a little...
River Corrib, Co. Galway, Ireland
During my conference in Galway, I crossed the River Corrib twice each day while walking from my hotel to the university. I got a chuckle out of seeing these gentleman fishing from the well-manicured paths along the river each afternoon. I imagined...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map