Collected by mike
Plaça de la Seu, s/n, 07001 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
Take a quick break from the afternoon sun on Majorca's gorgeous beaches and pop into the massive harbor-side Cathedral. Begun in 1229, this stunning structure took hundreds of years to complete, and underwent a more recent facelift under the...
Carrer de la Indústria, 10, 07013 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
A perfect spot for a break while strolling Valencia’s old city, Santa Catalina attracts an elegant afternoon clientele that nimbly dunks pastries into hot, thick chocolate. Ceramic wall tiles and marble tables add to the café’s appeal. In...
Carrer de la Unió, 15, 07001 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
Mallorcan cuisine is much more than paella on the beach (though nothing wrong with that). Make sure to try an ensaïmada, a pastry that dates back for centuries and made its way from Mallorca to many of Spain's former colonies around the world. Its...
Plaça de la Porta de Santa Catalina, 10, 07012 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
Es Baluard, Palma’s modern and contemporary art museum, occupies part of the city’s late-16th-century defensive walls. It is now stylishly complemented by 21st-century elements in concrete and glass. The museum was inaugurated in 2004 and is...
Carrer de Sant Feliu, 3, 07012 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
Swedish designers Barbara Bergman and Klas Käll have revolutionized Palma’s retail scene with their stunning concept store, which occupies two floors of an old-town palacio just behind the Passeig del Born. Rialto Living brings together fashion,...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna