Collected by P
Georg-Treu-Platz 1, 01067 Dresden, Germany
You’ll find beautiful views of the river and amazing architecture all along Brühl's Terrace (nicknamed Europe’s Balcony), and since my hotel was just around the corner, I found myself spending some time there each day. One morning, I enjoyed my...
Str. des 18. Oktober 100, 04299 Leipzig, Germany
With the long name of Völkerschlachtdenkmal, this is a monument to the Battle of the Nations, located in South Leipzig and built in 1913. It commemorates the clash against Napoleon, and his defeat. The monument includes a museum, and it is...
Albertbrücke, Dresden, Germany
Certainly the Baroque buildings of Dresden’s Altstadt district are must-sees, as is funky Neustadt area, but don’t shortchange yourself by missing out on some low-key local favorites. Case in point is the Dresden Flohmarkt (Flea Market) held every...
14547 Beelitz, Germany
The tree limbs were heavy with freshly fallen snow, providing a peaceful backdrop to this entirely eerie place. I had made my way outside Berlin, to the little community of Beelitz on this snowy Easter weekend, to photograph Beelitz Heilstätten, a...
Poststraße 7, 04158 Leipzig, Germany
There are few phrases that convey luxury and excellence in just two words: French perfume, Russian caviar, and, of course, German automobiles. Some of the country’s most famous exports are the products of its famous automotive engineering. In the...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December