One of the world's most beautiful train rides, the Kuranda Scenic Railway is also a testament to the pioneers who settled northern Queensland. From 1882 to 1891, they constructed this engineering marvel that passes through 15 tunnels and over 37...
Driftaways, at the Yorkeys Knob Boating Club (a marina 15 minutes from central Cairns), is known for its excellent fresh seafood and its large, outdoor-dining deck with water views. Oyster Saturdays (with fresh oysters at bargain prices) are...
From the Skyrail Terminal just north of Cairns, the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway has six-person cable cars which take travelers on a jaw-dropping eight-kilometer (five-mile) ride above World Heritage–listed rain forest to the highland village...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May