Outdoor Pursuits Near Mendoza
Collected by Nora Walsh , AFAR Contributor
The Andes are one big playground for outdoor enthusiasts. Enjoy hiking and horseback riding, mountain biking and skiing. And river rafting in the summer is a must.
RN7 10, Mendoza, Argentina
South America's tallest mountain is Aconcagua, located in the Andes in western Argentina near the Chilean border, towers at 22,841 feet. It takes about two weeks of trekking to reach the summit and you'll need go with a guide. Try booking with...
Mendoza, Capital Department, Mendoza Province, Argentina
El Salto, Mendoza, Argentina
Discover the Andes offers mountain biking tours down the Cordillera de Los Andes. You can traverse two and a half hours to El Salto down the Frontal Mountain Range or descend trails at the Vallecitos Ski Resort, which has several paths to choose...
This is Valle Hermoso, The Beautiful Valley, tucked into the Andes Mountains, 6 hrs south of Mendoza city. Sitting at 2000ft above sea level, in the Malargue region, it lures in only a handful of visitors a year who come in search of a piece of...
Penitentes, Godoy Cruz, Mendoza, Argentina
Even if you don’t make it to the summit of Aconcagua this year, there are plenty more mountains to explore around the base of the Provincial Park and Penitentes. Many hikes are available in the Penitentes area. More difficult treks require...
- 1 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 2 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 3 National Parks 11 Crowd-Free National Parks You Should Visit Instead
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing