Outdoor Pursuits Near Mendoza
Collected by Nora Walsh , AFAR Contributor
The Andes are one big playground for outdoor enthusiasts. Enjoy hiking and horseback riding, mountain biking and skiing. And river rafting in the summer is a must.
RN7 10, Mendoza, Argentina
South America's tallest mountain is Aconcagua, located in the Andes in western Argentina near the Chilean border, towers at 22,841 feet. It takes about two weeks of trekking to reach the summit and you'll need go with a guide. Try booking with...
Mendoza, Capital Department, Mendoza Province, Argentina
El Salto, Mendoza, Argentina
Discover the Andes offers mountain biking tours down the Cordillera de Los Andes. You can traverse two and a half hours to El Salto down the Frontal Mountain Range or descend trails at the Vallecitos Ski Resort, which has several paths to choose...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Expat Life These Countries Just Made It Easier for Americans to Move and Work Abroad
- 3 Travel News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 4 Air Travel Should Fliers Wear Goggles and Face Shields on a Plane?
- 5 Travel News Cancun, Los Cabos Reopen to Tourists in June