Our jaunt to Corsica!
Collected by Erin Winkler-McCue
For our first visit to Corsica, friends encouraged us to start in the south- the Michelin-starred stronghold of the island and beachy birthplace of Napoleon. But crisp turquoise water and a mountainous landscape awaited to the north. We began in...
20224 Casamaccioli, France
From a very comfortable base in Casamaccioli (population 100, this is the view from my room) chez Jean-François et Pascale, I followed a breathtakingly beautiful trail up to the top of this peak, the third highest in Corsica. Stunning vistas at...
Plage de Porto, 20150 Ota, France
The calanques in Piana, Corsica, are stunning in their beauty and grandeur. Photogenic and breathtaking at any time of day, this Debussy-esque sunset made me stop my car, climb some rocks and freeze un moment in time. This was my second time...
1 Barcaggio, 20275 Ersa, France
Cap Corse is a thin strip of land in Northern Corsica stretching towards the Italian region of Liguria and called 'the finger'. It is possibly the wildest and less spoilt part of the island and offers plenty of untouched beaches, beautiful hiking...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Expedition Cruises Take This Quiz to Find Your Perfect Cruise Destination Sponsored by Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises