Collected by Ally
Wellington St, Ottawa, ON K1A 0A4, Canada
Take a look around the back of Parliament Hill and you will find stunning views of the Gatineau Hills, the Ottawa River, the National Gallery and Victoria Island. Descend the 273 steps to the riverside and you can make your way back up again next...
Ottawa, ON, Canada
One of the great engineering feats of the 19th century, the Rideau Canal was constructed between 1826 to 1832 originally as a military and commercial waterway connecting the Canadian capital to Kingston, at the head of Lake Ontario. Today, it is...
151A Second Ave, Ottawa, ON K1S 2H6, Canada
My sweets Achilles' tendon is lemon and Second Avenue Sweets has a scrumptious lemon chiffon cupcake with the perfect amount of icing. Pictured with carrot cake, they also have coconut cream scones, a Friday-only hollow egg bread, numerous citrus...
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Bring a newspaper or a laptop (there are plugs) and settle in with a cappuccino and a butter tart or samosa. The service is friendly, the pumpkin cake is gluten-free, they have almond milk, and the coffee is fair-trade, organic, single origin and...
67 Nicholas St, Ottawa, ON K1N 7B9, Canada
A recent installation for the Creative Cities Summit. Galerie SAW Gallery is housed in a former courthouse next to the Ottawa Jail Hostel. The gallery programs high-quality contemporary Canadian and international group exhibitions, installations,...
1 Vimy Pl, Ottawa, ON K1A 0M8, Canada
The Canadian War Museum is among the most popular destinations for visitors, offering a look at Canada's military history on the front lines as well as at home. Often, the museum provides unique and unexpected insights, as with their summer 2013...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States