Collected by A
2 Chome-8-28 Higashishinsaibashi, Chūō-ku, Ōsaka-shi, Ōsaka-fu 542-0083, Japan
All of the fried octopus delights you crave, including takoyaki. A fantastically friendly staff. Japanese businessmen drinking Zima. Classic rock soundtrack. What more could you ask for?
Japan, 〒542-0071 Ōsaka-fu, Ōsaka-shi, Chūō-ku, Dōtonbori, 1 Chome−4, 大阪市中央区道頓堀１丁目４−１５
Okonomiyaki is the epitome of Japanese soul food—a griddled pancake made of a mix of vegetables, egg, and meat or seafood, and topped with things like bonito flakes, Japanese mayo, nori, and ginger. The dish may have originated in Osaka, but it...
Japan, 〒542-0086 Osaka Prefecture, Osaka, Chuo Ward, Nishishinsaibashi, 2−９−５ 日宝三ッ寺会館 2階
Something that can be frustrating if you're living in or travelling around Japan as a non-native speaker is the absence of English or picture menus. It can sometimes feel like the busiest and most popular restaurants with the locals are...
Japan, 〒603-8225 Kyōto-fu, Kyōto-shi, Kita-ku, Murasakino Minamifunaokachō, 北区紫野南舟岡町８２−１
Open since 1923, this is one of Kyoto's oldest bathhouses. The late hours (3 p.m.–1 a.m.) make it a great stop after a long day of walking (Fushimi Inari Shrine, anyone?). At 430 (around $3.75) per visit, this onsen won't break the bank any time...
1 Chome-9 Nanba, Chuo Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 542-0076, Japan
Back in the old days, the Japanese monzen-machi, stores and services, gathered around temple gates. Now they're on pedestrianized shopping streets. Namba, just beyond Namba Station in Osaka, is one of the biggest examples outside Tokyo. You name...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna