Collected by Madeline Horn, AFAR Local Expert
8840 NE Skidmore St, Portland, OR 97220, USA
Religious or not, the Grotto in Portland is a favorite place of mine to go when I need some quiet. The grounds are beautiful, with statues and miniature grottoes all over. Walk the trail to the top (or pay to take the elevator) and spend some time...
590 Church St W, Monmouth, OR 97361, USA
Arctic scrimshaw, taxidermy bears, and dolls made of seal skin await visitors at the Jensen Arctic Museum. Located on the sleepy Western Oregon University Campus, the museum features the astounding Alaskan collection of former WOU professor Paul...
3279 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214, USA
The Hazel Room on Hawthorne Street in Portland, Oregon serves coffee, tea, brunch, and most amazingly, a large selection of tea cocktails. How would you fancy a "hot nurse," with tea, honey, ginger, bourbon, and cayenne? The dark victorian decor...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter