Collected by Madeline Horn, AFAR Local Expert
8840 NE Skidmore St, Portland, OR 97220, USA
Religious or not, the Grotto in Portland is a favorite place of mine to go when I need some quiet. The grounds are beautiful, with statues and miniature grottoes all over. Walk the trail to the top (or pay to take the elevator) and spend some time...
590 Church St W, Monmouth, OR 97361, USA
Arctic scrimshaw, taxidermy bears, and dolls made of seal skin await visitors at the Jensen Arctic Museum. Located on the sleepy Western Oregon University Campus, the museum features the astounding Alaskan collection of former WOU professor Paul...
3279 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214, USA
The Hazel Room on Hawthorne Street in Portland, Oregon serves coffee, tea, brunch, and most amazingly, a large selection of tea cocktails. How would you fancy a "hot nurse," with tea, honey, ginger, bourbon, and cayenne? The dark victorian decor...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Restaurants + Cafés Italy Is Getting Its First Starbucks and Italians Are Conflicted
- 4 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 5 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free