Collected by Erin Grey
Proxy Falls, Oregon 97413, USA
Proxy Falls is a lush waterfall located in central Oregon. An easy trail meanders through old lava fields and rhododendron. The main attraction here is obviously the falls. It's wispy cascade gives a fairytale look to it. Another, less impressive...
Milford Track, Fiordland National Park 9679, New Zealand
Steve from Trips and Tramps makes a great tour guide through the Milford Track. The guided half-day hike, an easy seven miles on a well-groomed trail, was just a tease—given the time, the full four-day, 33-mile track would be well worth it. We...
34600 Gary St, Nehalem, OR 97131, USA
Nehalem Bay State Park boasts 5 undeveloped and uninterrupted miles of sandy beach. Even when the adjacent campgrounds are full, you may just have a stretch of personal space the size of a football field. Just book your stay well in advance--as...
Marblemount, WA 98267, USA
It's about a ten-mile round-trip, but a summer hike up to Goat Lake in the Central Cascades will reward you with a glacially-colored mirror of snow-clad crags and distant waterfalls. An easy day-hike from Seattle (if you get up early), it's also...
855 U.S. 101, Reedsport, OR 97467, USA
Lonely, rugged, and undeniably beautiful: this is the central Oregon coast in mid-July. It's easy to forget the hour, the year, and that you're three hours from Portland, but your position on the edge of a continent seems difficult to ignore.
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village