One Carry-On Weekend in the Bay Area
Collected by Marie Frei , AFAR Local Expert
Piedras Blancas, California 93452, USA
Piedras Blancas was one of my favorite spots on our driving trip down the Pacific Highway in California. I could have spent hours watching the elephant seals sun bathe while the young pups clumsily try to wedge their way into the huddle.
71895 CA-1, Big Sur, CA 93920, USA
For such a remote region, Big Sur has more than its share of amazing places to stay. One of the most unique is Treebones Resort, nestled high in the foothills of South Big Sur overlooking the Pacific. The off-the-grid property offers 16 signature...
1909 International Blvd, Oakland, CA 94606, USA
Packed into this Vietnamese sandwich, or bánh mì (bAHn-me), are spiced, crushed pork meatballs and a runny fried egg that gushes at first bite. A slather of pâté and mayonnaise melts into the fresh-toasted french loaf...and to top this classic...
4012 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94611, USA
Mama's has been a breakfast institution for decades, and this neighborhood joint—with old wooden booths ornamented with original (non-functioning) individual juke boxes, and vintage posters, embroidered apron, and customers' napkin art on...
Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Every summer Oakland's Jack London Square hosts free outdoor movies. Movies are shown outside on the lawn area so bring blankets, a picnic dinner, family & friends and enjoy the movies! Great community event that everyone enjoys. Can get chilly so...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May