On the way to sorrento
Collected by Carrie
Via Flacca, km 1161, 04029 Sperlonga LT, Italy
Ever since Roman emperor Tiberius kept a villa in Sperlonga in the first century CE, this resort town on the Tyrrhenian Sea has been a favorite escape for Romans fleeing the Eternal City’s summer heat. Sperlonga’s prominent watchtower, the Torre...
67060 Cappadocia AQ, Italy
When the wind is right and the weather permits. A balloon ride above the soapstone and basalt- the erosion at the hands of wind and water and time… so much time. And its passage, this otherworldly landscape of mountain caves and quiet air beckons...
67038 Scanno, Province of L'Aquila, Italy
Scanno is one of the most magical villages of my travels. Perched high in the mountains of Abruzzo, the streets quietly hum with the daily life of the local people and there are surprises around each corner. We found a gorgeous b&b (La Dimora di...
Galleria Essedra, Via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando, 75, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Dagnino is a Sicilan Bar, filled with Sicilian treats, with plenty of old school, retro charm. There are baristas in white jackets and lots of polished marble and burnished silver. My favorite thing to get there is a breakfast cappuccino and a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles