Collected by Heidi Davies
At the summit of Oman’s Jabal Akhdar (Green Mountain), you’ll find the new Alila Jabal Akhdar resort, whose flat rooftops are a nod to traditional Omani homes. You can hike the craggy Al Hajar Mountains by day and, by night, take a dip...
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Oman is a treasure which I am happy to say, is relatively unknown to the average tourist. It's sparse mountains are teeming with canyons (wadis) filled with refreshing emerald pools. Just be aware of any distant rain storms, they could quickly...
Al Amarat, Oman
Mention to friends and family that you are planning a trip to Oman and, invariably, you will be met by dumb stares and the inevitable, “Where?” Seven years after being introduced to travel and lifestyle readers around the globe, Oman’s reputation...
Musandam Governorate, Oman
Jutting out into the crystal clear waters of the Hormuz Strait you’ll find Oman’s sleepy exclave, Musandam. The striking landscape and phenomenal coastlines here provide the ultimate destination for thrill seekers and culture lovers alike. The...
I hadn’t been awake for longer than a minute. I peeled back the tarp door to my room, walked out onto my deck, and leapt. It was an abrupt but purifying way to start the day. The cool, brackish water instantly defogged my mind, and my eyes opened...
- 1 Travel News U.S. Citizens Will Need to Register to Travel to Europe Starting in 2021
- 2 Travel Tips How to Get the Best Last-Minute Travel Deals
- 3 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 4 Where to Go in Spring California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Road Trips The Best Tools for Planning a Road Trip