Collected by Jeff Boldrick
On a sunny spring afternoon, the slope below the ruins of the castle in Heidelberg, where 'sheep may safely graze'...almost absurdly picturesque. One of my most vivid childhood memories is of visiting this castle with an 'uncle and auntie'--close...
Neuschwansteinstraße 20, 87645 Schwangau, Germany
Once I had experienced the obligatory tour of Neuschwanstein Castle (located in southwest Bavaria, Germany), I wanted to escape the masses and was particularly keen on taking my own "perfect postcard" photos of the castle. This was not difficult...
Herrngasse 20, 91541 Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany
People always ask about seeing quaint towns in Germany, but don't want touristy places. I always respond by saying the best and most lovely towns are always frequented by lots of tourists and you will surely miss some grand opportunities for...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019