Collected by Precious Green
817 Washington St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
On a lazy Saturday morning head to Caffe 817 in Old Oakland (downtown) for a breakfast of poached eggs, olive tapenade and toasted levain. Add a latte bowl or cappuccino for the perfect start to your day! After breakfast explore the neighborhood...
1007 Clay St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
I'm not typically a fan of food that takes too much work to eat. Lobster, for instance. Rarely worth all that cracking. But assembling the banh hoi at Le Cheval is fun. And the result is delicious. Soak the dry rice paper in hot water to soften it...
3935, 460 8th St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Located in historical part of oakland and close to the metro, Trappist is considered one of the best bars in the country to get Belgian style beers. Lets just say if you are a beer lover, making a pilgrimage to this place is a must. They also...
Lakeside, Oakland, CA, USA
10,000 Steps, a historic walking tour created in 2006, explores downtown Oakland’s historic parks. These parks—Jefferson Square, Lafayette Square, Madison Square, and Lincoln Square – each occupy only one city block. Walking this "Invisible City"...
Oakland, CA, USA
Old Oakland--the historic district west of Broadway and north of the port--is defined by its Victorian architecture and panoply of new hangouts, like the District Oakland wine and whiskey bar, pictured, cheek by jowl with longstanding institutions...
1621 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Van Kleef is an unassuming dive bar with massive instruments and vintage collectibles hanging from the ceiling to the ground. They also have some kind of pull with the grapefruit growers of America, because their grapefruits— cut in quarters and...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico